Mouth Vocabulary – 7 words associated with the mouth
Tooth / Teeth
Tooth (singular) – Teeth (plural)
The plural of tooth is teeth.
tooth (noun): The hard white structures in the mouth that are used for biting and chewing food.
Example sentence with teeth:
- He brushes his teeth after every meal.
tongue (noun): The muscular organ in a mouth that is used for tasting, licking, and for articulating speech in humans.
Example sentence with tongue:
- It is rude to stick your tongue out at people.
gum (noun): The firm area of flesh in the mouth to which the teeth are attached.
Example sentence with gums:
- His gums bleed a little whenever he brushes his teeth.
cheek (noun): Either side of the face below the eye. It can refer to the outside or inside part.
Example sentence with cheek:
- She kissed her baby on the cheek.
saliva (noun): The liquid produced in your mouth that helps you to swallow food.
Example sentence with saliva:
- Saliva rolled down his cheek while he was sleeping.
palate (noun): The top part of the inside of the mouth. This is commonly referred to as the roof of the mouth.
Example sentence with palate:
- I burnt my palate with the hot soup.
lips (noun): The soft edges at the opening of the mouth
Example sentence with lips:
- She put some red lipstick on her lips.