The English phrasal verb LOOK FORWARD TO has the following meanings:
1. Look forward to = to anticipate something pleasant
(transitive) When you are waiting for a pleasant event or reaction. To feel happy and excited about something that is going to happen. To await eagerly.
- Jennifer is really looking forward to her wedding day.
- Are you looking forward to your vacation?
- I’m really looking forward to working with you.
- I look forward to your response.
Notice how this phrasal verb is mostly used in the present continuous form.
Look forward to + verb-ing
If there is a verb after look forward to, the verb needs to end in -ING.
- We’re looking forward to going to the beach.
- I’m looking forward to seeing you again.
Look forward to – Summary Chart