The English phrasal verb LOOK UP TO has the following meaning:
1. Look up to = to respect and admire
(transitive) When you have a great deal of respect and admiration for someone. When you admire that person and try to base your decisions, choices, etc. off what that person may have done. You can use this person’s character and success as a guide in your own life. Normally a person looks up to someone who is older than them.
- Ryan looks up to his father.
- Many students look up to their teachers.
- She is an excellent role model that other women look up to.
- The players really look up to their coach.
Look up to – Summary Chart