Telling the Time in English – Flash Cards & Charts
The flash cards contain the following times (shown on an analog clock and as words in English): 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45, 2:50, 2:55.
The times written in English below the clock can be in one of two forms. One form uses the PAST / TO (e.g. It’s twenty to three) and the other way uses the Time + Number form (e.g. It’s two forty). Both forms are written on their own separate cards.
There are 4 flash cards per page, each containing an analog clock with its time in words. There is a dotted line around each flash card for ease of cutting. The clocks increase in 5-minute intervals from 2:00 to 2:55.
We have included a larger version with one clock (and its time) per page.
There is also a chart showing an analog clock with the 5-minute intervals written next to the appropriate number. This structure is useful as students can give any time in English. Below this, there are some other common time expressions which will be of use. Again, there are two versions of this chart, one for PAST / TO and one for Time + Number.
You may also want to laminate each chart and flash card so that they can be reused every year. Some teachers also photocopy these and make a booklet for students.
Permission to use these charts and flash cards is only for individual classroom use (or with private students).
CONTENT: This resource contains 34 Pages:
- Time Chart (using Past/To) – (A4) – (1 page)
- Time Chart (using Time + Number) – (A4) – (1 page)
- Time Chart (using Past/To) – (Handout – 2 per page) – (1 page)
- Time Chart (using Time + Number) – (Handout – 2 per page) – (1 page)
- Flash Cards (using Past/To) – (4 cards per page) – (3 pages)
- Flash Cards (using Time + Number) – (4 cards per page) – (3 pages)
- Large Flash Cards – A 5-minute interval per page – (using Past/To) – (12 pages)
- Large Flash Cards – A 5-minute interval per page – (using Time + Number) – (12 pages)
LEVEL: Basic (CEFR – A1 Level)
COMMON CORE: CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.C.7 (Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.)
We also have this resource IN SPANISH: Telling the Time in Spanish – Flash Cards / Charts
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
Tarjetas y afiches que contienen un reloj con la hora escrita debajo de él en inglés.