Summary charts explaining when and how to use ordinal numbers in English.
Main Ordinal Numbers Summary Chart
The main chart contains a list of all ordinal numbers from 1st to 31st written as the number and the word. Note, the ordinal numbers that have an irregular spelling (ninth, twelfth, twentieth, etc.) are highlighted. We have also included the ordinal numbers 40th, 41st, 50th, and 51st. In the lower left corner there are four common uses of ordinal numbers: dates, centuries, sequence/order, floors of a building. There is an example sentence of each.
There are two versions of this ordinal numbers summary chart, one charts fills up the width of the page. We also have included a smaller version that contains two summary charts per sheet (to save on printing paper).
Uses of Ordinal Numbers Summary Charts
Chart 1: shows the difference between a cardinal number and an ordinal number.
Chart 2: How to make ordinal numbers (be careful with spelling)
Chart 3: How to make larger ordinal numbers.
Chart 4: Uses of ordinal numbers: Dates *
Chart 5: Uses of ordinal numbers: Sequence / Order *
Chart 6: Uses of ordinal numbers: Floors of a building *
Chart 7: Uses of ordinal numbers: Celebrations *
Chart 8: Uses of ordinal numbers: Centuries *
Chart 9: Uses of ordinal numbers: Kings and Queens *
Chart 10: Ordinal Numbers from 1st to 31st
Chart 11: Ordinal Numbers Summary Chart (in large rectangle similar to “Uses”)
* Each use is accompanied by two or three example sentences.
For a better idea of what is contained in each of these charts, see our YouTube Video about Ordinal Numbers in English.
What makes the summary chart different from the one that appears on our website?
Our Woodward English logo is much smaller and the chart is ready for printing in the different sizes mentioned above. Oh, and did I mention that this is the official chart that you can legally use in your classroom or with your private students (or children) without any worries. 🙂
More importantly, every purchase helps us to continue creating more of our other English resources (pages, charts, videos etc.) that are freely available.
CONTENT: This pack contains 13 Pages:
- Large Summary Chart – 1 per page – (1 page)
- Smaller Summary Charts – 2 per page – (1 page)
- Cardinal Number / Ordinal Number difference – (1 page)
- How to make ordinal numbers – (1 page)
- How to make larger ordinal numbers – (1 page)
- Uses of ordinal numbers: Dates – (1 page)
- Uses of ordinal numbers: Sequence / Order – (1 page)
- Uses of ordinal numbers: Floors – (1 page)
- Uses of ordinal numbers: Celebrations – (1 page)
- Uses of ordinal numbers: Centuries – (1 page)
- Uses of ordinal numbers: Kings and Queens – (1 page)
- Ordinal Numbers from 1st to 31st – (1 page)
- Ordinal Numbers Summary Chart – (1 page)
LEVEL: Pre-Intermediate (CEFR – A2 Level)
AGE: From 7 years