An ESL/ELA Word Search containing 36 common irregular verbs in the simple past tense in English.
This Word Search contains the following 36 irregular verbs: break, bring, buy, come, drink, drive, eat, fall, feel, find, fly, get, give, go, have, hurt, keep, know, leave, lose, make, meet, pay, put, say, see, sell, sit, speak, take, teach, tell, think, wear, win, write.
The verbs, as clues, are given in the base form of the infinitive (infinitive without TO… such as GO, EAT etc.) though that verb which will appear in the past tense within the word search.
Note: There are not many spaces left within the word search. Almost all of the letters are used making the word search appear “busy”.
There are two versions of this word search:
- One worksheet is with clues at the bottom of the sheet.
- One worksheet is without clues. There are lines (spaces) where students have to write the irregular verbs that they have found. This worksheet is good for students that have already seen this topic or are normally fast finishers.
CONTENT: This pack contains 3 Pages:
- Past Tense Irregular Verbs – Word Search with clues – Student Version – (1 page)
- Past Tense Irregular Verbs – Word Search without clues – Student Version – (1 page)
- Past Tense Irregular Verbs – Word Search – Teacher Answers – (1 page)
LEVEL: Elementary (CEFR – A2 Level)
AGE: From 9 years