Breakfast is the first meal of the day. Breakfast is the most important meal because it gives you the energy you need for the rest of the day… or at least until lunch time. 🙂
During the week you may have a quick breakfast before going to work or school while during the weekend, you may have a relaxed breakfast.
Typical breakfast food and drinks in English
Here is our list of breakfast food and drinks in English:
- baked beans
- French toast
- fried eggs
- hash browns
- hot chocolate
- juice – orange juice, apple juice, pineapple juice
- scrambled eggs
- toasted sandwich
- yogurt (American English) / yoghurt (British English)
You can hear the English pronunciation of each word in our video.
I have/eat X for breakfast
There are two main ways to say what you have or eat for breakfast:
- I have + (food/drink) + for breakfast
- I eat + (food) + for breakfast
- I have cereal and a cup of coffee for breakfast.
- He just has toast for breakfast.
- They eat bacon and eggs for breakfast on Sundays.
What do YOU normally have for breakfast?