Free English Course
by Woodward English
Woodward English has created this free online English course that is open to anyone around the world.
This course helps ESOL / ELL students learn English from a Basic level to a more Advanced level.
Most of our English lessons have a video so you can hear the pronunciation of words and phrases by a native English speaker.
English teachers are welcome to refer their students to individual lessons or recommend the entire course as an additional resource for their own course.
You will notice there are two main sections:
SECTION 1: The first section is a Basic English course which is divided into levels and lessons. It starts at an absolute beginner level for those who have never had any English lessons and are starting from zero. There is continuity from one lesson to the next.
NOTE: This course is a work in progress and I will add a new lesson ever week in 2023.
We also have a version of this beginner course with explanations and different activities for SPANISH speakers here: Curso de Inglés
SECTION 2: The second section contains grammar and vocabulary topics as a reference guide.
NOTE: This course is a work in progress and I will add new lessons over time.
See our other English courses and why they are free here:
Free online English Courses by Woodward English
Please let other people know about this free English course.
- What is an adjective?
- Adjectives – Opposites
- To Be + Adjective
- Color or Colour?
- Colors in English – Colours in English
- Typical things of each colour
- Shapes and Colors in English
- Light Colors vs. Dark Colors in English
- Vegetables in English
- Fruit in English
- Fruit and Vegetables in English
- Possessive Adjectives
- His – Her – Possessive Adjectives
- You’re vs. Your
- They’re vs. Their vs. There
- It’s vs. Its
- Clothes in English
- What are you wearing? Adjectives + Clothes
- Possessive Pronouns
- Parts of the Face
- Adjectives – Word Order
- Present Simple Tense in English
- Day + Part of the Day
- ON + Day + Part of the Day
- Don’t and Doesn’t in English – Simple Present Tense – Negative Sentences
- Like – likes – don’t like – doesn’t like
- Like + Verb-ING – Like + Infinitive – Enjoy + Verb-ING
- Daily Routines in English
- How to say an email address in English
- Free Time Activities in English
- Sports in English
- I agree – I don’t agree
- Plural Nouns in English – Regular and Irregular
- Much vs. Many vs. A lot of
- Breakfast Food and Drinks in English
- Drinks in English
- Meat – English Vocabulary
- Fast Food Vocabulary in English
- What is a full English breakfast?
- The plural of FISH – Fish or Fishes?
- Another – Other – Others
- All – Every – Each