A list of clothes in English:
For the pronunciation of each item of clothing and what they are, please see the video above.
- overalls (American English) = dungarees (British English)
- pajamas (American English) = pyjamas (British English)
- panties (American English) = knickers (British English)
- pants (American English) = trousers (British English)
- sweater (American English) = jumper BR (British English)
- swimming trunks
- vest (American English) = waistcoat (British English)
As you can see, we have included the American English vs. British English words where appropriate.
For a more complete list with additional items of clothing and things you wear (with a written definition of each one), visit our article on our English vocabulary website: Clothes and Accessories in English.
Clothes Vocabulary Summary Charts